- Unplug & turnoff for 24hours once a month - 9/12 months completed
Pick my own berries & make them into jam- 8 jars of raspberry, 8 jars of strawberry, and 16 jars of blackberry
- Go camping 5 times - 3/5 completed
Make a new friend- I didn't make just one new friend, I met so many wonderful and loving people from the crafting world through Instagram. On top of that, I got closer to my 3 greatest friends!
- Lose (at least) 50lbs through a healthy diet and weekly exercise - 10/50 lbs lost
- Create something once a week - 49/51 weeks completed
Get on Dean's list every quarter
- Get into grad school or get a job utilizing my degrees - A current work in progress because I can't control all things
- Go on a long walk or jog with Worf (my pup) once a week - 43/51 weeks completed
Start a new holiday tradition & cook a full meal- Thanksgiving cooking with the tradition of enjoying crock pot hot cider while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. Bonus tradition: cutting down our own Christmas tree and decorating the day after Thanksgiving.
- Finish reading through the entire bible - continued work in progress
- 7/24/15 40% complete
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
- The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis
- Trekker omnibus
- Walking Dead Compendiums 1 & 2
- Prince Caspian by CS Lewis
- Voyage of the Dawn Treader by CS Lewis
- A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin
- The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
- Bossypants (audiobook) by Tina Fey
- Silver Chair by CS Lewis
- Clash of Kings by George RR Martin
Final score: 68% D+
Notes for better success: Clear planning ahead, set goals that I can control whether I am successful, and have clear short term goals and planning on how those bigger goals can be accomplished
Twenty-two goals to reach for before I turn Twenty-three
- Read through the entire bible - Still a work in progress
Watch the sunset at the beach
Graduate with both degrees- Heck freakin' yeah! I now have not 1 but 2 bachelor degrees.
Take a big step in my relationship with J- Check! Though we were living together before, we moved into a new apartment and, a few months later, adopted a dog.
Do something to make myself proud
- Jog/ run 3 miles without stopping - Sadly, no. I did do 3 5ks this last year but I still don't feel I quite met this goal.
- Develop and follow a weekly workout plan - EEeeek! Definitely no where close. I have tried but there's always one reason or another I stop 1-2weeks in.
- Read 5 books just for fun - 3 out of 5 isn't too bad! I read S, The Magician's Nephew, and Wicked. Side note: I did read a lot more than those 3 books since I was taking 18 credits fall semester and 19 credits in the spring.
Journal regularly- Instead of forcing myself to write a page every night, I decided that I'm satisfied with keeping my past planners. Looking back at my previous planners, I get a picture at what was important to me, how I was feeling (stressed, bored, relaxed, etc), and what I was striving for. I did upgrade to a larger moleskin planner this year with more room for doodling, keeping notes, and journaling as I feel the need. Learn to take a quick (less than 5 minutes) shower- Check! Ha, but J can vouch that I don't do this very often. I just wanted to figure out how to do it in times that I'm in a hurry.
Learn Yoga- Checkish. I certainly learned how but actually doing it on a regular basis as I had hoped hasn't quite happened yet.
- Finish all the crafty things I have started - So close! I finally got jars for my sand from my travels and sewn up a few things but I continue to have a wine cork board partially finished, cross stitch patterns drawn up but not started, and crocheted scarves half done.
Improve hygiene overall (brush teeth, wash face, etc.)- Check! Its embarrassing that at 22 I needed to put this on a list but I struggled with keeping to a daily hygiene routine (though I did use my water pik religiously).
Purge the apartment- Check, though when it came time to move, I didn't have much of a choice. It felt good to finally get rid of a few things from my past and make room for the future.
- Go star gazing - Surprisingly no. Plans are in the making though for this to happen in the next few weeks.
Have coffee with my mom- Check! You see, my family moved just before my birthday last year and on our road trip to their new home, every morning my mom and I would have coffee together to update our blogs. It is one of my favorite parts of the trip and I wanted to be sure to have coffee with her when I visited for Christmas.
Spend an entire day on myself- Check! At the time, I thought I would be busy everyday, all the time. Now I just have to laugh because I have had almost too much time to myself with school being out. It's a good reminder, though, to make time for myself with life starts to pick up again.
Unplug for 48 hours- Check! For our anniversary, J and I stayed the weekend at the beach and just relaxed. The only electronics we used were our phones for occasional navigating and our kindles for reading. It was so wonderful!
Volunteer & donate more- Check! J and I spent the day with Habitat for Humanity back in November and I donated blood 3 times (as often as I could, since there's a limit to how often you can donate).
Ride my bike to school 25% of the time- Check!
- Get closer to my goal weight - Eeehhh.. lets just say no but I do feel better about the weight that I am so that's something, right?
Speak positively about self and others- Check! Though I do occasionally fall into gossip or a self-loathing funk, I feel much better about how I talk about myself and others