Sunday, February 17, 2013

Brain and Body

Hello my dear followers (which I believe is no one at this time). I apologize for not posting for a week but I was rather sick (as I mentioned in my last post) and have finally been well enough to get back to working out. While I didn't do any workouts since last week's Zumba (unless you count giving my obnoxious cat a hair cut), I was sure to keep my portion sizes down and drank lots of water (pretty key to weight loss). This morning however, I successfully woke up on time to go to 5:30am Zumba and, let me tell you, it was great!:

So I was a minute or two late but they hadn't started yet so the introvert in my rejoiced because I wouldn't have to small chat with anyone. However, the first person I meet eyes with is someone I haven't seen there before but, well, lets just say we used to live together and that ended that friendship. At first I was like, "Ugh! Why is she here?" (besides the fact that this class meets at her church). Then I remembered my promise for lent (which starts today with Ash Wednesday; No I'm not Catholic but I think it's a great tradition)- No negativity towards other people (no road rage, no gossiping, no malicious thoughts, no complaining, none of that). So, for the remainder of Zumba I alternated between thinking as many positive thoughts about her as possible and secretly challenging her at the start of each dance. In the end though, I left Zumba feeling quite positively towards her and have decided that while our friendship may not have worked out, I'm a-okay with that, and I hope she is successful in all she does. Truly! It was also kinda great because I ended up working out harder than I have before and I worked out my brain a bit too.

And that was my early morning at Zumba. Here are a few tips/ words of.. wisdom(?) I thought up in addition to my internal battle:

Set realistic, short term goals (e.g. I want to be able to get through an entire song focused on abs without having to rest) and when a long term goal is met, you'll be pleasantly surprised (e.g. Oh my gosh! I have a six pack!)

If you think negative thoughts, you'll be a negative person so think positively

Nothing is more attractive then self-confidence (so just go for it!)

Well, that's all I have for now. Until next time, live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment